Atsushi Inaba graduated and have a doctor’s degree in Chemical Engineering at the University of Tokyo, He joined AIST in 1981. He had supervised the evaluation study of CO2 mitigation technologies since 1986 and Life Cycle Assessment since 1993. He has research experience at National Bureau of Standards, MD. USA (1984-1986) and at International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Vienna, Austria.(1990-1992).
He was one of the co-chairs of re-edition of 14040/44(2006) and had experiences for supporting UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative since 2002. He was a lead author of WGIII, Chapter 12 (Human Settlement) of IPCC AR5. He is the chairman of the Japanese National Committee of ISO/TC207/SC5(LCA), and the expert of ISO-14008, ISO-14026 etc.
1)Atsushi Inaba, Sylvain Chevassus, Tom Cumberlege, Eunah Hong, Akira Kataoka, Pongvipa Lohsomboon, Corinne Mercadie, Thumrongrut Mungcharoen, and Klaus Radeunsky; Special Types of Life Cycle Assessment, Springer, Chapter2;Carbon Footprint of Products, 11-31, June 2016
2) Lead Author; Guidance of Organizational LCA, UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative,ISBN: 978-92-807-3453-9
3) One of the authors; Global Guidance Principles for Life Cycle Assessment Databases – A basis for GreenerProcesses and Products, “Shonan Guidance Principle” UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative ISBN: 978-92-807-3174-3
◆Publication Reviewed Paper
1) Ryuji Kawamoto 1, Hideo Mochizuki 1, Yoshihisa Moriguchi 1, Takahiro Nakano 1, Masayuki Motohashi Yuji Sakai, and Atsushi Inaba, Estimation of CO2 Emissions of Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle and Battery Electric Vehicle Using LCA, Sustainability 2019, 11(9), 2690-(doi.org/10.3390/su11092690)
2) Toshiro Semba, Yuji Sakai, Tatsuya Sakanishi, Atsushi Inaba Greenhouse gas emissions of 100% bio-derived polyethylene terephthalate on its life cycle compared with petroleum-derived polyethylene terephthalate, J. Cleaner Production, 195, 932-938 (2018)
3) Atsushi Inaba, Norihiro Itsubo, Development of Global Scale LCIA Method- Preface, doi 10.10007/s11367-018-1545-6, International J. LCA, 23 2271-2275, (2018)
4) Masaharu Motoshita,Yuya Ono,Matthias Finkbeiner,Atsushi Inaba,The Effect of Land Use on Availability of Japanese Freshwater Resources and Its Significance for Water Footprinting,2016,8,86-98, (2016)
5) Norihiro Itsubo & Kayo Murakami & Koichi Kuriyama & Kentaro Yoshida &Koji Tokimatsu & Atsushi Inaba, Development of weighting factors for G20 countries—explore the difference in environmental awareness between developed and emerging countries, Int J Life Cycle Assessment, in press, DOI 10.1007 s11367-015-0881-z, (2015)
6) Masaharu Motoshita & Yuya Ono & Stephan Pfister & Anne-Marie Boulay & Markus Berger & Keisuke Nansai & Kiyotaka Tahara & Norihiro Itsubo & Atsushi Inaba, Consistent characterisation factors at midpoint and endpoint relevant to agricultural water scarcity arising from freshwater consumption, Int J Life Cycle Assessment,28, DOI 10.1007 s11367-014-0811-5, (2015)
7) Nishino, N., Kihara, K., Akai, K., Honda, T., Inaba, A, A study on how investors decide on socially responsible investments: Classification of investment behavior according to companies’ environmental activities,International Journal of Automation Technology, 08 05 677-687, (2014)