It has almost passed for 30 years since 1993, the launch of ISO/TC207(Environmental Management). The International Standards of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) are published by ISO/TC207 together with Environmental Management System (ISO14001) of PDCA cycle in ISO/TC207.
The LCA started as the method to evaluate the environmental impacts of the product. But, for 30 years passed, it has been applied for Type III label, Carbon footprint of product （CFP), SCOPE3、Environmental footprint, Sustainable consumption and production and Avoided GHG emissions,etc. The application of LCA has been expanding from the product to the organization and from the calculation of GHG emissions to the assessment of all environmental aspects/ impacts. Recently LCA and Life Cycle thinking have been more important to understand contribution to SDGs and as the declaration method/tool for ESG and TCFD.
LCAF would like to promote and facilitate LCA in the society, and on that way LCAF will act as go-between the generation who have experiences for LCA and the rising or the younger generation who will create the future society.
◆ Publication, Book：
1)Atsushi Inaba, Sylvain Chevassus, Tom Cumberlege, Eunah Hong, Akira Kataoka, Pongvipa Lohsomboon, Corinne Mercadie, Thumrongrut Mungcharoen, and Klaus Radeunsky; Special Types of Life Cycle Assessment, Springer, Chapter2;Carbon Footprint of Products, 11-31, June 2016
2) Lead Author; Guidance of Organizational LCA, UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative,ISBN: 978-92-807-3453-9
3) One of the authors; Global Guidance Principles for Life Cycle Assessment Databases – A basis for GreenerProcesses and Products, “Shonan Guidance Principle” UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative ISBN: 978-92-807-3174-3
◆ Publication Reviewed Paper：
1) Ryuji Kawamoto 1, Hideo Mochizuki 1, Yoshihisa Moriguchi 1, Takahiro Nakano 1, Masayuki Motohashi Yuji Sakai, and Atsushi Inaba, Estimation of CO2 Emissions of Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle and Battery Electric Vehicle Using LCA, Sustainability 2019, 11(9), 2690-(doi.org/10.3390/su11092690)
2) Toshiro Semba, Yuji Sakai, Tatsuya Sakanishi, Atsushi Inaba Greenhouse gas emissions of 100% bio-derived polyethylene terephthalate on its life cycle compared with petroleum-derived polyethylene terephthalate, J. Cleaner Production, 195, 932-938 (2018)
3) Atsushi Inaba, Norihiro Itsubo, Development of Global Scale LCIA Method- Preface, doi 10.10007/s11367-018-1545-6, International J. LCA, 23 2271-2275, (2018)
4) Masaharu Motoshita,Yuya Ono,Matthias Finkbeiner,Atsushi Inaba,The Effect of Land Use on Availability of Japanese Freshwater Resources and Its Significance for Water Footprinting,2016,8,86-98, (2016)
5) Norihiro Itsubo & Kayo Murakami & Koichi Kuriyama & Kentaro Yoshida &Koji Tokimatsu & Atsushi Inaba, Development of weighting factors for G20 countries—explore the difference in environmental awareness between developed and emerging countries, Int J Life Cycle Assessment, in press, DOI 10.1007 s11367-015-0881-z, (2015)
6) Masaharu Motoshita & Yuya Ono & Stephan Pfister & Anne-Marie Boulay & Markus Berger & Keisuke Nansai & Kiyotaka Tahara & Norihiro Itsubo & Atsushi Inaba, Consistent characterisation factors at midpoint and endpoint relevant to agricultural water scarcity arising from freshwater consumption, Int J Life Cycle Assessment,28, DOI 10.1007 s11367-014-0811-5, (2015)
7) Nishino, N., Kihara, K., Akai, K., Honda, T., Inaba, A, A study on how investors decide on socially responsible investments: Classification of investment behavior according to companies’ environmental activities,International Journal of Automation Technology, 08 05 677-687, (2014)